You are invited to participate in Richardson’s 2nd Annual Ride And Seek, Photo Scavenger Hunt. From mid-October to mid-November, we are inviting and motivating folks to get out and ride their bikes, explore their neighborhoods and win prizes!
This year’s theme will be “The Bike Racks of Richardson”.
Bike Friendly Richardson is working with the City of Richardson to gather data on the current inventory of available bicycle parking throughout the city. We thought this would be a fun way to involve the bike community and collect valuable information that will help make our city more bike friendly.
Date: October 15- November 16 (a whole month)
Place: Various Richardson Locations. We need cyclists to explore every corner of our city.
Prizes: A few partners have donated prizes that we will give away to participants via raffle
Sponsors: Richardson Bike Mart, Alamo Drafthouse, Ten50 BBQ
HOW TO PLAY:
– Self-paced ride and hunt around Richardson
– You must capture images of your bike next to any bike rack (in the city limits)
– All images must be taken between October 15 – November 16, 2014
– Each image submitted will equal 1 raffle ticket for prizes; more tickets = better chances to win a prize
– Each rack can only be submitted once per person. However, each rack can be submitted by multiple people.
– All images must be submitted (see below) by Thursday, November 17, 2014
– A Bonus tickets will be given to each ‘First Arrival’ shot:
Multiple people can shoot and share the same rack, but if you are the FIRST to submit a shot of that rack, you get a bonus ticket. This is to encourage more folks to seek out more unique racks around town.
IMAGE SUBMISSIONS (choose one of the following):
– email (images or links) firstname.lastname@example.org
– BFR Facebook timeline: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BikeFriendlyRichardson/
– Instagram #bfrhunt2014
– Twitter #bfrhunt2014
– Flickr – https://www.flickr.com/groups/bikeracksrichardson/ (you must join this group to submit)
EACH IMAGE SUBMISSION MUST INCLUDE:
– Your full name
– Your email address
– Your phone# (optional) (flickr, twitter and instagram users can email us this info to match up with your alias)
– VERY IMPORTANT – The location of the bike rack that you are submitting
– Bike rack must be installed for the purpose of being a bike rack. No sign poles, fences, railings, etc.
– Bike rack must be installed on property within the city limits of Richardson. Sorry, any others won’t be counted.
– Bike racks on cars do not count.
– Any bike rack can be submitted multiple times by multiple people, but that bike rack can only be submitted once per person. Remember, the first person to submit for each rack gets a bonus ticket.
Filed under: Bicycle Events, Alamo Drafthouse, Bicycle Events, Bicycle Scavenger Hunt, Richardson, Richardson Bike Mart, Ride and Seek, Scavenger Hunt, Ten50 BBQ, Texas