We won’t be hosting a Red, White and Bike ride this year. Instead, we suggest that ride with our friends, Richardson Urban Bicycle Club, who are hosting another one of their rides to Kaboomtown in Addison. It’s called the KaBike to Kaboomtown Ride. Here are the details to their event:
Date: July 3, 2013
Where: Torchy’s Tacos (at Preston & Alexis)
Description (from their Facebook event page):
We hope you’ll come out en force to join us for our annual Ride-White-and-Blue short and leisurely ride to Addison’s fabulous Kaboom Town! holiday fireworks event! 5 miles round trip.
Around 7:00pm, as a group we will ride out north to Arapaho and west to the Frost Bank parking garage at 5002 Arapaho Road, up to the top of the garage and then down 2 levels to where our friends will have a great spot ready for us! (Exact garage level will be chosen the day of the event, but this is where they usually set up – be flexible!)
We will then hang out and enjoy Addison’s Kaboomtown (One of the top 5 July 4th displays according to Travel Channel!) til the flyby and the fireworks conclude and the traffic maybe thins a bit, and around 10:15pm we will ride back to the cars, to disperse into the warm Summer night!
• A bike with lots of lights, ready to ride, plus any safety gear such as a helmet,
• Festive but comfortable holiday attire, or something red, white, and blue,
• Water enough for a few hours,
• Your beverages of choice, snacks, & a bag to carry home your trash,
• Cash to contribute for food and drink (suggested $5-10 donation to our hosts for food, drink and hosting us!), and
• A cheery, freedom-loving attitude!!
• To invite others!
• You can also stay for the Addison Kaboom Town! After Party featuring Emerald City on the Dos Equis Stage at 10:00 pm, but please advise us so we can keep an accurate count and not leave anyone behind accidentally!