Speak Up Richardson Cyclists

Posted in BFR Misc, Suggestion Box by dickdavid on January 6, 2011

Route Artifact 0062

We’re having a lot of fun with the Bike Friendly Richardson blog, and we’ve gotten a few good suggestions and comments along the way. One of our goals with BFR, especially this year, was to bring in more voices for Richardson bicycling. If you have something to say about biking in Richardson (or any of our neighboring towns), please feel free to write something up and send it our way. We’ll probably post it.

If you would like to participate more regularly, contact us through email or phone, and we’ll see about setting you up as a guest blogger.

We welcome any ideas, tips, suggestions, opinions and constructive criticism that are geared towards biking in Richardson. Please remember that as much as well love all aspects of bicycling, we’d like to concentrate our focus on increasing the ridership of the average commuter, and those wanting to ride for transportation and pleasure over sport.

Tagged with: , ,

1. Scott said, on January 6, 2011 at 8:13 am

loving the blog, and thanks for the update emails.

2. Chris said, on January 6, 2011 at 9:21 am

Signs, we need trail signs in Richardson!

3. […] Speak Up Richardson Cyclists from Bike Friendly Richardson by dickdavid We’re having a lot of fun with the Bike Friendly Richardson blog, and we’ve gotten a few good suggestions and comments along the way. One of our goals with BFR, especially this year, was to bring… […]

4. bergerandfries said, on January 15, 2011 at 8:21 pm

I wonder about the gate on the Owens Trail. I guess the Sherill Park staff locks/unlocks that trail. If they open late, that gate opens late. I’ve contacted COR to see how that all works, but I was late for work Friday because I had to hop the fence.

Also, I’d like to see COR change the way that they pick Bike Lanes. Right now, it seems like it’s a traffic calming measure for neighborhoods with parking next to the bike lane. I haven’t ridden the Yale lane yet, but if there’s parking to the right, that won’t make me very happy.

• dickdavid said, on January 15, 2011 at 9:51 pm

I spoke to Dave Carter about parking in bike lanes. If the bike lane is not wide enough, parking isn’t allowed (usually on roads that didn’t previously allow parking). Yale is one of them. “No parking” signage may come if needed. The parking bike lanes aren’t the best solution, but they help. My only requirement for the bike lanes is that they complete the connections between routes.

5. bergerandfries said, on January 18, 2011 at 2:48 pm

thanks for that dickdavid. Nice update.

Couple more questions:
    1) For the RPM Utility Trail proposed in the Plan, is anyone working with Plano? In the latest Plano plan, I don’t see anything, especially the Shiloh connector, in their plan.
    2) For the three North West connectors to Plano (RR, Waterview Pkwy, Canyon Creek), I again don’t see anything on Plano’s plan. Who in Plano is onboard?

• dickdavid said, on January 19, 2011 at 7:00 am

We don’t have any information about the RPM Utility Trail or any Plano folks, but will ask.